Requirements for the English Minor
- A minor must contain at least 9 hours of upper division course work.
- Courses taken to satisfy Core Areas I through V may not be counted as course work in the minor.
- Courses taken in Core Area VI may be counted as course work in the minor.
Five Upper Division ENGL courses, at least three of which must be at the 4000-level
[4000-level ENGL courses require two 2000-level survey courses ( ENGL 2310 or ENGL 2320 or ENGL 2330 or ENGL 2340 or ENGL 2400 ) and ( ENGL 2310 or ENGL 2320 orENGL 2330 or ENGL 2340 or ENGL 2400 or CMLT 2111 or CMLT 2210 or CMLT 2212 orCMLT 2220 ), with the exception of ENGL 4000 , Introduction to English Studies, which requires only one 2000-level survey course ( CMLT 2210 or CMLT 2212 or CMLT 2220 orENGL 2310 or ENGL 2320 or ENGL 2330 or ENGL 2340 or ENGL 2400 or CMLT 2500 )]
At least three of the ENGL courses must be English Department Literature courses. No more than two courses may come from the following list of Advanced Writing Courses:
- Four courses must be taken at the University of Georgia;one course may be transferred from elsewhere.
- A grade of "C" (2.0) or better must be earned in all minor courses.
TOTAL HOURS: 15
For more information about minor course work contact:
Jim Kallerman, Undergraduate Administrative Coordinator
We encourage students who wish to take more than the permitted number of Advanced Writing Courses to consider the Writing Certificate Program or the Area of Emphasis in Creative Writing in the English Major.
For more information about the Writing Certificate Program, please contact Dr. Elizabeth Davis, Coordinator, Writing Certificate Program, email@example.com.
For more information about the Major in English with an Area of Emphasis in Creative Writing, please contact Christine Lasek-White, Creative Writing Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.